Monday, November 3, 2008

Breaking and Entering

I just went outside to get my mail and literally had to block a stray cat (more like a kitten) from running into my house. It didn't stop at one attempt either and it wasn't being suave about trying to get around me ... it ran right into my leg and bounced back off my stoop then looked at me and trotted away.

Of course, if the cat did get in my house it would realize that I haven't turned on my heat yet and have zero insulation so my house is sitting right around the 58 - 62 degree range depending on the day (got as low as 54 a week or so ago) and would immediately try and escape.

6 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Ooh, poor kitty!

Send them to my house next time, o.k? Just remember to punch some holes in the box first.

Patrick said...

If you really want I could probably send you one per week with the number of them running around Baltimore.

Corey said...

You have insulation. They're called neighbors, seeing as you share adjacent walls. :-)

I don't really have insulation either. It's not that big of a deal, but I'd like to get that fixed soon...

Patrick said...

Corey -
On the first floor I have an alley on one side and an unoccupied house with boarded windows on the other ... my second floor is much warmer because of the neighbors, but the first really follows whatever the outdoor temperature is

Corey said...

Sounds like you need to insulate then. :-)

Vanessa said...

Turn on your heat or I will not visit you again.

:P

P.S. I started a blog about hot chocolate.