Friday, August 28, 2009

Fantasy Football

My league had our draft Wednesday night and I had the 2nd overall pick. I love theses drafts because the entire time we are making fun of each other's picks or giving someone shit for taking too long. We hold our draft at a sports bar/restaurant and sometimes it gets out of hand toward the end when everyone's had several beers and we're cursing at someone at the other end of the 12-15 person table about taking our handcuff too early while the geriatric couple sitting near us looks on in horror. This year they gave us our own room and it was a good thing, as I think we were louder than usual. I especially enjoyed this year's draft because most of the people in the league are from the company I left only a month ago and it was good to see them again.

Here's my team:
1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Roddy White
3. Drew Brees
4. Reggie Bush
5. TJ Houshmanzadah
6. Jericho Cotchery
7. Donald Brown
8. LeSean McCoy
9. Visanthe Shiancoe
10. Donnie Avery
11. San Diego
12. Earl Bennett
13. James Davis
14. Brian Robiskie
15. Kenny Britt

I went down the high risk, high reward path from the seventh round on picking mostly rookies and pissing off the guys that picked Westbrook and Addia. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my team but will need to drop someone and get a kicker before week 1.

No comments: