Saturday, September 6, 2008

Christmas Thoughts in September

I just got out of the shower and am heading to dinner and while combing my beard realized that I am going to put up with this for the next 4 months because I am being Santa Clause for a kid's party sometime in late November or early December. Right now my beard is mid-length for me (not as bad as it was when I was in Ireland and when I went to sleep my face didn't touch the pillow) but it grows pretty fast and gets super annoying and super itchy pretty quickly ... but since my godson Breccan is one of the kids that is going to be at the party I feel obligated to tuff it out. The only problem right now is that the party is tentatively scheduled for the same day as the Redskins-Ravens game and that is an issue for several of the families involved. I don't know if the woman organizing it realizes how committed some of these families are to their local football teams and that they would probably miss it since this game only happens once every four years during the regular season. Personally, I don't mind because I feel like I could sell the tickets for 2 or 3 times what I paid (I have season ravens tickets this year). I would like to go the game, but not as much as I would like more money in my pocket ... and, of course to make the kids happy by pretending to be a fictional character. Maybe I'll post some beard pictures as it progresses.

No comments: