Monday, September 29, 2008

Underestimated

This weekend showed me that I underestimated the number of nerds in Baltimore and also overestimated my own nerdom. Dave and I ventured out into the rain (torrential downpour) over to the Baltimore convention center Saturday to go to Comic-con. I thought it would be fun to get some free stuff, see all the people dressed up and maybe get some info on new/upcoming movies. When we got there to buy tickets, we realized that whenever there is an opportunity to buy tickets online, we should do so. There were several hundred people in line just to buy admission tickets. The line went all over the lobby and outside into the rain and still wrapped around the building ... it easily would have been over an hour to just get into the event. We were not about to wait that long so we did the next best thing, went drinking and watched the Maryland Terps silence 82,000 people in orange.

2 comments:

Siana said...

Hhmm, that's strange. I thought I left a comment.

Anyway, I'm going to have to pass on Tiburzi's tonight- although I'm sure it would have been fun. I wake up at 4:30 to go to the gym. Let me know of any free food and beer on the weekend.

Siana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.